Open main menu

Mariánské Lázně, Františkovy Lázně

MARIÁNSKÉ LÁZNĚ. The district of the healing Springs on the brook of Auschowitz is since 1197 possessed by the abbey of Teplá. The healing power of the Springs has been known since the XVIth century. In the year of 1528 there has been attempted to get the salt from the source of Ferdinand, but without success. The systematical use of the sources, healing and economic, has been established till about the end of the XVIIIth century, by the effort of dr. Nehr and the abbots of Teplá. The previous attempts were only ephemeral. The conditions of the flourish of the place have been created by the chemical analysis of the water by the eminent specialists who declared its healing power. In the first decades of the XIXth century the sources have been couvered by constructions that are partly to see still nowadays. The first establishements date from the year of 1781 and about 1820 there was here already a great many of houses. The healing factors are the spring of Ferdinand, the Well of the Cross, the Spring of Maria, of Caroline etc., the mud-baths, the production of the salt of Teplá and the transmission of the healing water. Moreover, the beauty of the surrounding country adds much to the renown of our watering-place. FRANTIŠKOVY LÁZNĚ. (The Watering-place of Francis.) These Springs and moors are very ancient. As was ascertained by the discoveries archaeologic, there has been originally lived only on the margins of the moors. The more explicit news about the springs we do receive only about the begin of XVth century. The healing power of the sources is soon described and mentioned in the contemporary treaties. Since the year of 1600 there begins the transmission and about the begin of the XVIIth century there come to Cheb the strangers willing to make use of the sources. Originally the water was used only to drink, but from 1707 also to bath. About the year of 1660 one begins to make use of the source of Francis. First of all there has been built the filling-house and the hotel. About the end of the XVIIth century the town of Cheb has bought here a tract of land and has founded on it in the year of 1793 a colony that is to be regarded as a good example of classistical plan-making. The place has been named originally the Village of Francis, but in the year of 1807 it has been given the name of Františkovy lázně (The Watering-place of Francis). In the year of 1865 the place became a town.


Photo from book Mariánské Lázně a Františkovy Lázně (1930) 02.jpg
MARIANSKÉ LÁZNĚ - MARIENBAD
Celkový pohled. Vue totale.
Gesamtansicht. Total view.
Photo from book Mariánské Lázně a Františkovy Lázně (1930) 03.jpg
MARIANSKÉ LÁZNĚ - MARIENBAD
Katolický farský kostel. L’église catholique paroissiale.
Katholische Pfarrkirche. The Catholic Parish Church.
Photo from book Mariánské Lázně a Františkovy Lázně (1930) 04.jpg
MARIANSKÉ LÁZNĚ - MARIENBAD
Křížový pramen, pohled zvenčí. Source de la Croix, extérieur.
Kreuzbrunn, Aussenansicht. Cross Spring, External View.
Photo from book Mariánské Lázně a Františkovy Lázně (1930) 05.jpg
MARIANSKÉ LÁZNĚ - MARIENBAD
Křížový pramen, pohled dovnitř na pomník
dr. Nehra.
Source de la Croix. Coup d’oeil dans l’intérieur
avec monument du Dr. Nehr.
Kreuzbrunn-Einblick mit Dr. Nehr-Denkmal. Cross Spring. Look into the Interior with
Dr. Nehr Monument.
Photo from book Mariánské Lázně a Františkovy Lázně (1930) 06.jpg
MARIANSKÉ LÁZNĚ - MARIENBAD
Karolinin pramen; Rudolfův pramen. Source Caroline et source Rodolphe.
Karolinenbrunnen, bezw. Rudolfsquelle. Caroline Spring, respectively Rodolph Spring.
Photo from book Mariánské Lázně a Františkovy Lázně (1930) 07.jpg
MARIANSKÉ LÁZNĚ - MARIENBAD
Ambrosiův pramen. Source Ambroise.
Ambrosiusbrunnen. Ambrosius Spring.
Photo from book Mariánské Lázně a Františkovy Lázně (1930) 08.jpg
MARIANSKÉ LÁZNĚ - MARIENBAD
Ferdinandův pramen. Source Ferdinand.
Ferdinandsbrunnen. Ferdinand Spring.
Photo from book Mariánské Lázně a Františkovy Lázně (1930) 09.jpg
MARIANSKÉ LÁZNĚ - MARIENBAD
Lázeňský dům a Nové Lázně. Casino et le nouvel etablissement de bains.
Kurhaus und Neubad. Casino and the New Bathing-establishment.
Photo from book Mariánské Lázně a Františkovy Lázně (1930) 10.jpg
FRANTIŠKOVY LÁZNĚ - FRANZENSBAD
Celkový pohled z jihu. Vue totale du sud.
Gesamtansicht von Süden. Total Aspect from the South.
Photo from book Mariánské Lázně a Františkovy Lázně (1930) 11.jpg
FRANTIŠKOVY LÁZNĚ - FRANZENSBAD
Oltářní výklenek katolického farního kostela. Niche d’autel dans l’église catholique paroisiale.
Altarnische der katholischen Pfarrkirche. Altar-niche of the Catholic Parish Church.
Photo from book Mariánské Lázně a Františkovy Lázně (1930) 12.jpg
FRANTIŠKOVY LÁZNĚ - FRANZENSBAD
Lázeňské náměstí s Františkovým pramenem. Esplanade avec la source Francois.
Kurplatz mit dem Franzensbrunnen. Esplanade with Francis Spring.
Photo from book Mariánské Lázně a Františkovy Lázně (1930) 13.jpg
FRANTIŠKOVY LÁZNĚ - FRANZENSBAD
Budova lázní kysličníko-uhličitých. L’établissement de bains gazeux.
Gebäude des Kohlensäure-Gasbades. The Building of the Carbonic Baths.
Photo from book Mariánské Lázně a Františkovy Lázně (1930) 14.jpg
FRANTIŠKOVY LÁZNĚ - FRANZENSBAD
Kolonáda směrem ke Kostelní ulici. Colonnade vers rue d’église.
Kolonnade gegen die Kirchgasse. Colonnade in the Direction of Church Street.
Photo from book Mariánské Lázně a Františkovy Lázně (1930) 15.jpg
FRANTIŠKOVY LÁZNĚ - FRANZENSBAD
Městské divadlo. Théatre municipal.
Stadttheater. Municipal Theatre.
Photo from book Mariánské Lázně a Františkovy Lázně (1930) 16.jpg
FRANTIŠKOVY LÁZNĚ - FRANZENSBAD
Zřídlo IV a kolonáda Slaného pramene. L’eau vive IV avec la colonnade de source salée.
Springquelle IV mit Salzquelle-Kolonnade. Spring IV with the Salt-spring Colonnade.
Photo from book Mariánské Lázně a Františkovy Lázně (1930) 17.jpg
FRANTIŠKOVY LÁZNĚ - FRANZENSBAD
Louisin Pramen. Source Louise.
Louisenquelle. Louise Spring.