My Melancholy Baby
- Come sweetheart mine,
- Don't sit and pine,
- Tell me of the cares that make you feel so blue.
- What have I done?
- Answer me, Hon',
- Have I ever said an unkind word to you?
- My love is true,
- And just for you,
- I'd do almost anything at any time,
- Dear, when you sigh
- Or when you cry,
- Something seems to grip this very heart of mine.
- Come to me, my melancholy baby,
- Cuddle up and don't be blue;
- All your fears are foolish fancy, may be,
- You know, dear, that I'm in love with you.
- Ev'ry cloud must have a silver lining,
- Wait until the sun shines through,
- Smile my honey dear, while I kiss away each tear,
- Or else I shall be melancholy too.
- Birds in the trees,
- Whispering breeze,
- Should not fail to lul you in to peaceful dreams.
- So tell me why
- Sadly you sigh,
- Sitting at the window where the pale moon beams,
- You shouldn't grieve,
- Try and believe,
- Life is always sunshine when the heart beats true;
- Be of good cheer,
- Smile thro' your tears,
- When you're sad it makes me feel the same as you.