This page has been validated.
- Strange, Edward F. Japanese Illustration. A History of the Arts of Wood-cutting and Colour-printing in Japan. London, 1897, 8vo, illustrated.
- Strange, E. F. See Japanese Books.
- . Select Relics of Japanese Art. Periodical, published in Japan, with text in Japanese and in English.
- Tasset, Jacques. Etudes sur la Gravure Japonaise. In Mémoires de la Société Sinico-Japonaise, vol. x. (1891), pp. 51-87. Paris, 8vo.
- Notes sur l'Art Japonais (Mercure de France, 1905-1906). .
- S. R. Koehler, Washington (Smithsonian Institute), 1894. 8vo. Tokuno was the Head of the Department for Wood-engraving and Printing in the Japanese Ministry of Finance. Japanese Wood-cutting and Wood-cut Printing; edited by
- Transactions of the Asiatic Society of Japan. Yokohama, 1872 et seq. 8vo.
- Wenckstern, Fr. von. A Bibliography of the Japanese Empire. Leyden and London, 1895. 8vo (pp. 165 et seq., Pictorial Arts).
- La Peinture japonaise. Revue des deux Mondes, July 1, 1890. Reprinted in Les grands Peintres de l'Espagne, &c. Paris, 1891. .
- . See Matsumura.