PUBLICATIONS OF WISCONSIN HISTORY COMMISSION
Series of Original Narratives
1. A View of the Vicksburg Campaign. By William Freeman Vilas, LL. D., Lieutenant-Colonel of Twenty-Third Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry. With two appendices: I, Wisconsin Soldiers in the Vicksburg Campaign, by Colonel Vilas; II, Selected Bibliography of the Vicksburg Campaign (material thereon in the Wisconsin Historical Library), by Minnie Myrtle Oakley. Illustrated by a portrait of Colonel Vilas and a map of the campaign. 8vo., pp. xiii+104. Published August, 1908.
2. Capture and escape: a Narrative of Army and Prison Life. By John Azor Kellogg, Colonel of Sixth Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry and Brevet Brigadier-General. Illustrated by a portrait of the author. 8vo., pp. xvi+201. Published November, 1908.
3. Three Wisconsin Cushings: a Sketch of the Lives of Howard B., Alonzo H., and William B. Cushing, Children of a Pioneer Family of Waukesha County. By Theron Wilber Haight, First-Lieutenant, U. S. V. Illustrated by a wartime group of officers, three portraits, and three facsimiles. 8vo., pp. xiv+109. Index. Published April, 1910.
4. The Chattanooga Campaign: with especial reference to Wisconsin's participation therein. By Michael Hendrick Fitch, Lieutenant-Colonel of Twenty-first Wisconsin Infantry. Illustrated by six maps. 8vo., pp. xiii+255. Index. Published March, 1911.
5. A Bibliogrpahy of Wisconsin's Participation in the War between the States: based on material in the Wisconsin Historical Library. By Isaac Samuel Bradley, Assistant Superintendent of said Library. 8vo., pp. ix+42. Index. Published May, 1911.
6. Wisconsin Women in the War between the states. By Ethel Alice Hurn, B. A. Illustrated by a portrait and six views. 8vo., pp. xix+190. Index. Published May, 1911.
7. A Narrative of Service with the Third Wisconsin Iinfantry. By Julian Wisner Hinkley, sometime acting Major of said Regiment. Illustrated by a portrait of the author. 8vo., pp. xiii+197. Index. Published November, 1912.
8. The Diary of an Artillery Private. By Rev. Jenkin Lloyd-Jones. In preparation.
Series of Reprints
1. The Battle of Gettysburg. By Frank Aretas Haskell, Colonel of Thirty-sixth Wisconsin Infantry. Illustrated by a portrait of the author and two maps. 8vo. First edition: pp. xxiii+185; published November, 1908. Second edition (with "Tribute to Adjutant Haskell" by Col. J. A. Watrous): pp. xxviii+192; Index; published April, 1910.
2. Civil War Messages and Proclamations of Wisconsin War Governers. With explanatory notes by Asa C. Tilton and Frederick Merk, of the staff of the Wisconsin Historical Library. In press.