NO. 19 OF 1993
- (a) he is not himself entitled to control access of the kind in question to the program or data; and
- (b) he does not have consent to access by him of the kind in question to the program or data from any person who is so entitled.
(6) A reference in this Act to any program or data held in a computer includes a reference to any program or data held in any removable storage medium which is for the time being in the computer; and a computer is to be regarded as containing any program or data held in any such medium.
(7) For the purposes of this Act, a modification of the contents of any computer takes place if, by the operation of any function of the computer concerned or any other computer—
- (a) any program or data held in the computer concerned is altered or erased;
- (b) any program or data is added to its contents; or
- (c) any act which impairs the normal operation of any computer, and any act which contributes towards causing such a modification shall be regarded as causing it.
(8) Any modification referred to in subsection (7) is unauthorised if—
- (a) the person whose act causes it is not himself entitled to determine whether the modification should be made; and
- (b) he does not have consent to the modification from any person who is so entitled.
(9) A reference in this Act to a program includes a reference to part of a program.