from another. 4The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings; I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked off, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon two feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it. 5And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth; and it was said thus unto it: 'Arise, devour much flesh.' 6After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the sides of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it. 7After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth; it devoured and broke in pieces, and stamped the residue with its feet; and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns. 8I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another horn, a little one, before which three of the first horns were plucked up by the roots; and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking great things. 9I beheld
- Till thrones were placed,
- And one that was ancient of days did sit:
- His raiment was as white snow,
- And the hair of his head like pure wool;
- His throne was fiery flames, and the wheels thereof burning fire.
- 10A fiery stream issued
- And came forth from before him; thousand thousands ministered unto him,
- And ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him;
- The judgment was set,
- And the books were opened.
11I beheld at that time because of the voice of the great words which the horn spoke, I beheld even till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed, and it was given to be burned with fire. 12And as for the rest of the beasts, their dominion was taken away; yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.
- 13I saw in the night visions,
- And, behold, there came with the clouds of heaven
- One like unto a son of man,
- And he came even to the Ancient of days,
- And he was brought near before Him.
- 14And there was given him dominion,
- And glory, and a kingdom,
- That all the peoples, nations, and languages
- Should serve him;
- His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away,
- And his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
15As for me Daniel, my spirit was pained in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head affrighted me. 16I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth concerning all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things: 17'These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, that shall arise out of the earth. 18But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.' 19Then I desired to know the truth concerning the fourth beast, which was diverse from all of them, exceeding terrible, whose teeth were of iron, and its nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with its feet; 20and concerning the ten horns that were on