- And they shall bring thee up in My net.
- 4And I will cast thee upon the land,
- I will hurl thee upon the open field,
- And will cause all the fowls of the heaven to settle upon thee,
- And I will fill the beasts of the whole earth with thee.
- 5And I will lay thy flesh upon the mountains,
- And fill the valleys with thy foulness.
- 6I will also water with thy blood the land wherein thou swimmest, even to the mountains;
- And the channels shall be full of thee.
- 7And when I shall extinguish thee, I will cover the heaven,
- And make the stars thereof black;
- I will cover the sun with a cloud,
- And the moon shall not give her light.
- 8All the bright lights of heaven
- Will I make black over thee,
- And set darkness upon thy land,
- Saith the Lord God.
9I will also vex the hearts of many peoples, when I shall bring thy destruction among the nations, into the countries which thou hast not known. 10Yea, I will make many peoples appalled at thee, and their kings shall be horribly afraid for thee, when I shall brandish My sword before them; and they shall tremble at every moment, every man for his own life, in the day of thy fall.
11For thus saith the Lord God: The sword of the king of Babylon shall come upon thee. 12By the swords of the mighty will I cause thy multitude to fall;
- The terrible of the nations are they all;
- And they shall spoil the pride of Egypt,
- And all the multitude thereof shall be destroyed.
- 13I will destroy also all the beasts thereof
- From beside many waters;
- Neither shall the foot of man trouble them any more,
- Nor the hoofs of beasts trouble them.
- 14Then will I make their waters to settle,
- And cause their rivers to run like oil,
- Saith the Lord God.
- 15When I shall make the land of Egypt desolate and waste,
- A land destitute of that whereof it was full,
- When I shall smite all them that dwell therein,
- Then shall they know that I am the Lord.
- 16This is the lamentation wherewith they shall lament;
- The daughters of the nations shall lament therewith;
- For Egypt, and for all her multitude, shall they lament therewith,
- Saith the Lord God.'
17It came to pass also in the twelfth year, in the fifteenth day of the month, that the word of the Lord came unto me, saying: 18'Son of man, wail for the multitude of Egypt, and cast them down, even her, with the daughters of the mighty nations, unto the nether parts of the earth, with them that go down into the pit.
- 19Whom dost thou pass in beauty?
- Go down, and be thou laid with the uncircumcised.
20They shall fall in the midst of them that are slain by the sword; she is delivered to the sword; draw her down and all her multitudes. 21The strong among the mighty shall speak of him out of the midst of the nether-world with them that helped