- Yea, they shall drink, and swallow down.
- And shall be as though they had not been.
- 17But in mount Zion there shall be those that escape,
- And it shall be holy;
- And the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.
- 18And the house of Jacob shall be a fire,
- And the house of Joseph a flame,
- And the house of Esau for stubble,
- And they shall kindle in them, and devour them;
- And there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau;
- For the Lord hath spoken.
- 19And they of the South shall posses the mount of Esau,
- And they of the Lowland the Philistines;
- And they shall possess the field of Ephraim,
- And the field of Samaria;
- And Benjamin shall possess Gilead.
- 20And the captivity of this host of the children of Israel,
- That are among the Canaanites, even unto Zarephath,
- And the captivity of Jerusalem, that is in Sepharad,
- Shall posses the cities of the South.
- 21And saviours shall come up on mount Zion
- To judge the mount of Esau;
- And the kingdom shall be the Lord's.
1Now the word of the Lord came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying: 2'Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and proclaim against it; For their wickedness is come up before Me.' 3But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the Lord; and he went down to Joppa, and found a ship going to Tarshish; so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish, from the presence of the Lord.
4But the Lord hurled a great wind into the sea, and there was a mighty tempest in the sea, so that the ship was like to be broken. 5And the mariners were afraid, and cried every man unto his god; and they cast forth the wares that were in the ship into the sea, to lighten it unto them. But Jonah was gone down into the innermost parts of the ship; and he lay, and was fast asleep. 6So the shipmaster came to him, and said unto him: 'What meanest thou that thou sleepest? arise, call upon thy God, if so be that God will think upon us, that we perish not.'
7And they said every one to his fellow: 'Come, and let us cast lots, that we may know for whose cause this evil is upon us.' So they cast lots, and the lot fell upon Jonah. 8Then said they unto him: 'Tell us, we pray thee, for whose cause this evil is upon us: what is thine occupation? and whence comest thou? what is thy country? and of what people art thou? 9And he said unto them: