- And passeth by the transgression of the remnant of Has heritage?
- He retaineth not His anger for ever,
- Because He delighteth in mercy.
- 19He will again have compassion upon us;
- He will subdue our iniquities;
- And Thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
- 20Thou wilt show faithfulness to Jacob, mercy to Abraham,
- As Thou hast sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.
1The burden of Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nahum the Elkoshite.
- 2The Lord is a jealous and avenging God,
- The Lord avengeth and is full of wrath;
- The Lord taketh vengeance on His adversaries,
- And He reserveth wrath for His enemies.
- 3The Lord is long-suffering, and great in power,
- And will by no means clear the guilty;
- The Lord, in the whirlwind and in the storm is His way,
- And the clouds are the dust of His feet.
- 4He rebuketh the sea, and maketh it dry,
- And drieth up all the rivers;
- Bashan languisheth, and Carmel,
- And the flower of Lebanon languisheth.
- 5The mountains quake at Him,
- And the hills melt;
- And the earth is upheaved at His presence,
- Yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
- 6Who can stand before His indignation?
- And who can abide in the fierceness of His anger?
- His fury is poured out like fire,
- And the rocks are broken asunder before Him.
- 7The Lord is good,
- A stronghold in the day of trouble;
- And He knoweth them that take refuge in Him.
- 8But with an overrunning flood
- He will make a full end of the place thereof,
- And darkness shall pursue His enemies.
- 9What do ye devise against the Lord?
- He will make a full end;
- Trouble shall not rise up the second time.
- 10For though they be like tangled thorns,
- And be drunken according to their drink,
- They shall be devoured as stubble fully dry.
- 11Out of thee came he forth,
- That deviseth evil against the Lord,
- That counselleth wickedness.