12And I said unto them: 'If ye think good, give me my hire; and if not, forbear.' So they weighed for my hire thirty pieces of silver. 13And the Lord said unto me: 'Cast it into the treasury, the goodly price that I was prized at of them.' And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them into the treasury, in the house of the Lord. 14Then I cut asunder mine other staff, even Binders, that the brotherhood between Judah and Israel might be broken.
15And the Lord said unto me : 'Take unto thee yet the instruments of a foolish shepherd. 16For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, who will not think of those that are cut off, neither will seek those that are young, nor heal that which is broken; neither will he feed that which standeth still, but he will eat the flesh of the fat, and will break their hoofs in pieces.'
- 17Woe to the worthless shepherd
- That leaveth the flock!
- The sword shall be upon his arm,
- And upon his right eye;
- His arm shall be clean dried up,
- And his right eye shall be utterly darkened.
12The burden of the word of the Lord concerning Israel.
- The saying of the Lord, who stretched forth the heavens,
- And laid the foundation of the earth,
- And formed the spirit of man within him.
- 2Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of staggering
- Unto all the peoples round about,
- And upon Judah also shall it fall to be in the siege against Jerusalem.
3And it shall come to pass in that day,
- That I will make Jerusalem a stone of burden for all the peoples;
- All that burden themselves with it shall be sore wounded;
- And all the nations of the earth shall be gathered together against it.
- 4In that day, saith the Lord,
- I will smite every horse with bewilderment,
- And his rider with madness;
- And I will open Mine eyes upon the house of Judah,
- And will smite every horse of the peoples with blindness.
- 5And the chiefs of Judah shall say in their heart:
- 'The inhabitants of Jerusalem are my strength
- Through the Lord of hosts their God.'
- 6In that day will I make the chiefs of Judah
- Like a pan of fire among wood,
- And like a torch of fire among sheaves;
- And they shall devour all the peoples round about,
- On the right hand and on the left;
- And Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.
- 7The Lord also shall save the tents of Judah first,
- That the glory of the house of David
- And the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem be not magnified above Judah.
- 8In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem;
- And he that stumbleth among them at that day shall be as David,
- And the house of David shall be as a godlike being,
- As the angel of the Lord before them.