This page needs to be proofread.
- 9Gather not my soul with sinners,
- Nor my life with men of blood;
- 10In whose hands is craftiness,
- And their right hand is full of bribes.
- 11But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity;
- Redeem me, and be gracious unto me.
- 12My foot standeth in an even place;
- In the congregations will I bless the Lord.
27 [A Psalm] of David.
- The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
- The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- 2When evil-doers came upon me to eat up my flesh,
- Even mine adversaries and my foes, they stumbled and fell.
- 3Though a host should encamp against me,
- My heart shall not fear;
- Though war should rise up against me,
- Even then will I be confident.
- 4One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after:
- That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
- To behold the graciousness of the Lord, and to visit early in His temple.
- 5For He concealeth me in His pavilion in the day of evil;
- He hideth me in the covert of His tent;
- He lifteth me up upon a rock.
- 6And now shall my head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me;
- And I will offer in His tabernacle sacrifices with trumpet-sound;
- I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.
- 7Hear, O Lord, when I call with my voice,
- And be gracious unto me, and answer me.
- 8In Thy behalf my heart hath said: 'Seek ye My face';
- Thy face, Lord, will I seek.
- 9Hide not Thy face far from me;
- Put not Thy servant away in anger;
- Thou hast been my help;
- Cast me not off, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
- 10For though my father and my mother have forsaken me,
- The Lord will take me up.
- 11Teach me Thy way, O Lord;
- And lead me in an even path,
- Because of them that lie in wait for me.
- 12Deliver me not over unto the will of mine adversaries;
- For false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out violence.
- 13If I had not believed to look upon the goodness of the Lord
- In the land of the living!—
- 14Wait on the Lord;
- Be strong, and let thy heart take courage;
- Yea, wait thou for the Lord.
28 [A Psalm] of David.
- Unto thee, O Lord, do I call;
- My Rock, be not Thou deaf unto me;
- Lest, if Thou be silent unto me,
- I become like them that go down into the pit.
- 2Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto Thee,