This page needs to be proofread.
- Remember Thy reproach all the day at the hand of the base man.
- 23Forget not the voice of Thine adversaries,
- The tumult of those that rise up against Thee which ascendeth continually.
75 For the Leader; Al-tashheth. A Psalm of Asaph, a Song.
- 2We give thanks unto Thee, O God,
- We give thanks, and Thy name is near;
- Men tell of Thy wondrous works.
- 3'When I take the appointed time,
- I Myself will judge with equity.
- 4When the earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved,
- I Myself establish the pillars of it.' Selah
- 5I say unto the arrogant 'Deal not arrogantly';
- And to the wicked 'Lift not up the horn.'
- 6Lift not up your horn on high;
- Speak not insolence with a haughty neck.
- 7For neither from the east, nor from the west,
- Nor yet from the wilderness, cometh lifting up.
- 8For God is judge;
- He putteth down one, and lifteth up another.
- 9For in the hand of the Lord there is a cup, with foaming wine, full of mixture,
- And He poureth out of the same;
- Surely the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall drain them, and drink them.
- 10But as for me, I will declare for ever,
- I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
- 11All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off;
- But the horns of the righteous shall be lifted up.
76 For the Leader; with string-music. A Psalm of Asaph, a Song.
- 2In Judah is God known;
- His name is great in Israel.
- 3In Salem also is set His tabernacle,
- And His dwelling-place in Zion.
- 4There He broke the fiery shafts of the bow;
- The shield, and the sword, and the battle. Selah
- 5Glorious art Thou and excellent, coming down from the mountains of prey.
- 6The stout-hearted are bereft of sense, they sleep their sleep;
- And none of the men of might have found their hands.
- 7At Thy rebuke, O God of Jacob,
- They are cast into a dead sleep, the riders also and the horses.
- 8Thou, even Thou, art terrible;
- And who may stand in Thy sight when once Thou art angry?
- 9Thou didst cause sentence to be heard from heaven;
- The earth feared, and was still,
- 10When God arose to judgment,
- To save all the humble of the earth. Selah
- 11Surely the wrath of man shall praise Thee;
- The residue of wrath shalt Thou gird upon Thee.
- 12Vow, and pay unto the Lord your God;