Maintenance of Religious Harmony
- (b) carrying out activities to promote a political cause, or a cause of any political party while, or under the guise of, propagating or practising any religious belief;
- (c) carrying out subversive activities under the guise of propagating or practising any religious belief; or
- (d) exciting disaffection against the President or the Government of Singapore while, or under the guise of, propagating or practising any religious belief,
he may make a restraining order against that person for the purposes specified in subsection (2).
(2) An order made under subsection (1) may be made against the person named therein for the following purposes:
- (a) restraining him from addressing orally or in writing any congregation, parish or group of worshippers or members of any religious group or institution on any subject, topic or theme as may be specified in the order without the prior permission of the Minister;
- (b) restraining him from printing, publishing, editing, distributing or in any way assisting or contributing to any publication produced by any religious group without the prior permission of the Minister;
- (c) restraining him from holding office in an editorial board or a committee of a publication of any religious group without the prior permission of the Minister.
(3) Any order made under this section shall be for such period, not exceeding two years, as may be specified therein.(4) Before making an order under this section, the Minister shall give the person against whom the order is proposed to be made and the head or governing body or committee of management of the religious group or institution which is to be named in the proposed order, notice of his intention to make the order together with the grounds and allegations of fact in support thereof and of their right to make written representations to the Minister and the