consequently it was necessary to keep a stock of red, blue, green, brown, white, yellow, chocolate wheels. The directors, however, soon came to the conclusion that if all wheels were painted one colour it would not be necessary to keep so large a stock in reserve. Therefore they had wheels of all omnibuses painted yellow, and the other proprietors, seeing the convenience and saving to be derived from such an arrangement, followed their example, and to-day nearly everyday omnibus in London, with the exception of those belonging to the railway companies, has yellow wheels.
In the autumn 1858 it was decided convert the "Compagnie Générale des Omnibuses de Londres" into an English Limited Liability Company, and for that purpose the French Society was dissolved and the London General Omnibus Company, Limited started to take over its property, good will, existing engagements and liabilities. The latter was registered on November 16, 1858, as a Limited Liability Company, with a nominal capital of £700,000, divided into 175,000 shares of £4 each. The head office of the Company was, of course, in London—454, Strand—but a branch