- The Lord upholds all who fall,
- And raises all who are bowed down.
- The eyes of all look hopefully to thee,
- And thou givest them their food in due season.
- Thou openest thy hand,
- And satisfiest every living thing with favor.
- The Lord is righteous in all his ways,
- And gracious in all his deeds.
- The Lord is near to all who call upon him,
- To all who call upon him sincerely.
- He fulfills the desire of those who revere him;
- He hears their cry and saves them.
- The Lord preserves all who love him,
- But all the wicked he destroys.
- My mouth speaks the praise of the Lord;
- Let all creatures bless his holy name forever and ever.
We will bless the Lord henceforth and forever.
- Praise the Lord!
Glorified and sanctified be God’s great name throughout the world which he has created according to his will. May he establish his kingdom in your lifetime and during your days, and within the life of the entire house of Israel, speedily and soon; and say, Amen.
May his great name be blessed forever and to all eternity.
Blessed and praised, glorified and exalted, extolled and honored, adored and lauded be the name of the Holy One, blessed be he, beyond all the blessings and hymns, praises and consolations that are ever spoken in the World; and say, Amen.
The Shemoneh Esreh is recited in silent devotion while standing, facing east.
The Reader repeats the Shemoneh Esreh aloud when a minyan holds service.
When I proclaim the name of the Lord, give glory to our God!"
O Lord, open thou my lips, that my mouth may declare thy praise.
Blessed art thou, Lord our God and God of our fathers, God
On fast days (except Tish'ah b Av) the Torah is taken out before the Shemoneh Esreh is recited, and Exodus 32:11-14 and 34:1-10 is read (if ten people fasting are present). The Torah reading is followed by the Haftarah taken from Isaiah 55:6-56:8.(Hebrew characters) and the Amidah.
- Psalm 115:18.
- Deuteronomy 32:3