Page:United States Statutes at Large Volume 2.djvu/373

This page has been proofread, but needs to be validated.

third section of an act passed the third of March, one thousand eight hundred and three, which authorized the establishment of a new collection district on Lake Ontario, in addition to the fees and commissions allowed by law, respectively, receive the same annual salary, which by law is allowed to the collectors and surveyors of the several districts comprising the northern and western boundaries of the United States.

Approved, March 3, 1805.

Statute ⅠⅠ.



March 3, 1805.
[Repealed.]
Chap. XXXV.—An Act further to alter and establish certain post roads; and for other purposes.[1]

Post roads discontinued.
Act of April 30, 1810, ch. 37.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the following post roads be discontinued, namely:

From Williesville by Waldon’s store, Speed’s and Wilson’s, Sterling Yancey’s and Norman’s store, to Person Courthouse in North Carolina.

From Wilkes to Ash Courthouse, in North Carolina.

From New Dublin by Tazewell, Russell and Lee Courthouse, to Cumberland Gap in Virginia:

From Georgetown by Concord and Laurel, to Salisbury in Maryland.

From Ringo’s tavern, to Flemington in New Jersey.

From Worcester to Lancaster in Massachusetts.

From Springfield to Northampton.

From Boston to Bridgewater.

From Vincennes to Kaskaskias.

From Annapolis by Kent Island and Queenstown to Centreville.

Sec. 2. And be it further enacted, That the following post roads be established:

Post roads established.In Massachusetts.—From Worcester by Holden, Rutland, Hubbardstown, Templeton, Winchendon and Fitzwilliam, to Keen in New Hampshire; from Weymouth landing by Abington, East Bridgewater and West Bridgewater, to Taunton.

In New Jersey.—From Cooper’s ferry by Haddinfield, Longacoming, Blue Anchor, Great Egg Harbor, River Bridge and Somers Point, to Absecome in Gallaway township.

In Pennsylvania.—From Alexandria by Centre Furnace and Bellefont, to Williamsport; from Bristol by Attleboro, Newtown and Doylestown, to Quakertown; from New Hope through Doylestown, Montgomery’s Square, to Norristown; from Norristown by Pawlingsford, Pughtown, Morgantown, Churchtown and New Holland, to Lancaster; from Philadelphia through Germantown, White Marsh, Montgomery Square and Quakertown, to Bethlehem; from Bethlehem by Lausanne to Berwic; from Presqu’ille to Buffaloe Creek.

In Maryland.—From Annapolis by Rockhall to Chestertown.

In Virginia.—From Randolph Courthouse, to Frankfort; from Genito by Carsell’s store, to Amelia Courthouse, from thence to Perkinsonville; from Prince Edward Courthouse, by Hunter’s tavern, to Lynchburg; from Lynchburg, by Campbell and Pittsylvania Courthouse, to Danville; from Smithfield by Sleepy Hole ferry to Portsmouth; from Sleepy Hole to Suffolk.

In North Carolina.—From Williamsboro’, by Bullock’s and Brown’s stores, Sterlingville and the Red House, in Caswell country, to Caswell Courthouse; from Richland, by Onslow Courthouse, to Swanborough; from Raleigh, by Paul’s ferry on Neuse, cross-roads at Watson’s, Little river at Richardson’s, Contentney at Woodward’s, Tossnot at Dew’s, to Tarborough; from Greensville Courthouse, in the state of South Carolina, to Ashville in the state of North Carolina.

In Georgia.—

  1. By the 2d section of the act of April 30, 1810, chap. 37, all post roads established by any previous act of Congress, were discontinued.