This page needs to be proofread.
WORDS WITHOUT CHARACTERS.
Note.—With most of the words a character of the same sound, with the 30th radical added, has been given for the convenience of Chinese teachers. In some cases where the tones differ, a tone mark has also been added.
- (symbol characters) chao3.
- sign of the passive.
- I am taken in; I have been cheated or wronged.
- cheated to the extent of a few hundred cash.
- to receive a beating.
- I have been afected by the wind; caught cold.
- I have contracted an illness.
- I swallowed a few mouthfuls of water when in the river.
- 哳 che5.
- a bamboo frame, laid on the bottom of a bed to retain the straw.
- 𪠾 cheo1.
- 𫩝 chï1.
- a basketful of oil (the baskets are papered and varnished).
- you must not recklessly taste things in a medicine shop, nor carelessly thrust forth your hand in a smithy.
- 咔 chʻia1.
- very lean.