Yü Ch'iang obtained it, and fixed himself at the North Pole.
- As its presiding genius.
Hsi Wang Mu obtained it, and settled at Shao Kuang; since when, no one knows; until when, no one knows either.
- A lady,—or a place, for accounts vary,—around whose name innumerable legends have gathered.
P'êng Tsu obtained it, and lived from the time of Shun until the time of the Five Princes.
- From 2255 to the 7th century B.C. See ch. i.
Fu Yüeh obtained it, and as the Minister of Wu Ting
- A monarch of the Yin dynasty, B.C. 1324.
got the empire under his control. And now, charioted upon one constellation and drawn by another, he has been enrolled among the stars of heaven.
Nan Po Tzŭ K'uei
- Probably the individual mentioned in chs. ii. and iv.
said to Nü Yü,
- By one authority said to be a woman.
"You are old, Sir, and yet your countenance is like that of a child. How is this?"
Nü Yü replied, "I have learnt Tao."
"Could I get Tao by studying it? " asked the other.