- The Physiological Action of Drugs, 1901 by M. S. Pembrey and C. D. F. Phillips
- Executive Order 12383, 1982 order by Ronald Reagan specifying which drugs could lead to a court-martial in the Armed Forces.
- Presidential Radio Address - 2 October 1982, 1982 joint address by Ronald Reagan and Nancy Reagan referring to a "war on drugs"
- Presidential Radio Address - 30 June 1984, 1984 joint address by Ronald Reagan and Nancy Reagan on student drug use
- Proclamation 5562, 1986 order by Ronald Reagan announcing "Crack/Cocaine Awareness Month"
- Proclamation 5537, 1986 address by Ronald Reagan announcing "National Drug Abuse Education and Prevention Week"
- Presidential Radio Address - 16 January 1988, 1988 address by Ronald Reagan on declining cocaine use
- Statement of CIA Inspector General to The House Committee On Intelligence - March 16, 1998, 1988 analysis of the CIA's role in drug-smuggling
- Presidential Radio Address - 1 March 1997, 1997 address by Bill Clinton against the use of drugs by children
- Presidential Radio Address - 12 September 1998, 1998 address by Bill Clinton against the use of drugs by children
- Proclamation 7489, 2001 order by George W. Bush announcing "National Red Ribbon Week for a Drug-Free America"
- Kyllo v. United States, 2001 U.S. Supreme Court case ruling that thermal imaging of a grow operation was a visual observation, not a search.