Portal:Houghton, Mifflin & Co./The Riverside Literature Series
1. Longfellow's Evangeline.
- Evangeline, A Tale of Acadie with introduction by H. E. Scudder and a biographical sketch by Alice M. Longfellow (1883) wikidata, commonscat,
- Evangeline (1886) wikidata, commonscat,
2. Longfellow's Courtship of Miles Standish; Elizabeth.
3. A Dramatization of The Courtship of Miles Standish.
4. Whittier's Snow-Bound, etc.
5. Whittier's Mabel Martin, etc.
6. Holmes's Grandmother's Story of Bunker Hill Battle, etc.
7. Hawthorne's Grandfather's Chair. Volume 1 of 3.
8. Hawthorne's Grandfather's Chair.„ Volume 2 of 3.
10. Hawthorne's Biographical Series. Nos. 29, 10, one vol.
11. Longfellow's Children's Hour, etc.
12. Outlines—Longfellow, Whittier, Holmes, and Lowell.
13. Longfellow's Song of Hiawatha. Part 1.
14. Longfellow's Song of Hiawatha.„ Part 2.
15. Lowell's Under the Old Elm, etc. Nos. 30, 15, one vol.
16. Bayard Taylor's Lars.
17. Hawthorne's Wonder-Book. Part 1.
18. Hawthorne's Wonder-Book.„ Part 2.
19. Franklin's Autobiography. Part 1.
20. Franklin's Autobiography.„ Part 2.
21. Franklin's Poor Richard's Almanac, etc.
22. Hawthorne's Tanglewood Tales. Part 1.
23. Hawthorne's Tanglewood Tales.„ Part 2.
24. Washington's Farewell Addresses, etc.
25. Longfellow's Golden Legend. Part 1.
26. Longfellow's Golden Legend.„ Part 2.
27. Thoreau's Forest Trees, etc. Nos. 28, 37, 27, one vol.
28. Burroughs's Birds and Bees. Nos. 28, 36, one vol.
30. Lowell's Vision. of Sir Launfal, etc.
31. Holmes's My Hunt after the Captain, etc.
32. Lincoln's Gettysburg Speech, etc. Nos. 133,32, one vol.
33. Longfellow's Tales of a Wayside Inn. Part 1.
34. Longfellow's Tales of a Wayside Inn.„ Part 2.
35. Longfellow's Tales of a Wayside Inn.„ Part 3.
36. Burroughs's Sharp Eyes, etc.
38. Longfellow's Building of the Ship, etc.
39. Lowell's Books and Libraries, etc. Nos. 39, 123, one vol.
41. Whittier's Tent on the Beach, etc.
42. Emerson's Fortune of the Republic, etc.
43. Ulysses among the Phaeacians. Bryant.
44. Edgeworth's Waste Not, Want Not, etc.
45. Macaulay's Lays of Ancient Rome.
46. Old Testament Stories in Scripture Language.
47. Scudder's Fables and Folk Stories. Part 1.
48. Scudder's Fables and Folk Stories.„ Part 2.
49. Andersen's Stories. Part 1.
50. Andersen's Stories.„ Part 2.
51. Irving's Rip Van Winkle, etc.
52. Irving's The Voyage, etc. Nos. 51, 52, one vol.
53. Scott's Lady of the Lake. Also, in Rolfe's Students' Series, to Teachers
54. Bryant's Thanatopsis, etc.
55. Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice. Nos. 55, 67, one vol.
56. Webster's First Bunker Hill Oration, etc.
57. Dickens's Christmas Carol.
58. Dickens's Cricket on the Hearth. Nos. 57, 58, one vol.
59. Verse and Prose for Beginners in Reading.
60. Addison and Steele's The Sir Roger de Coverley Papers. Part 1.
61. Addison and Steele's The Sir Roger de Coverley Papers. Part 2. Nos. 60, 61, one vol.
62. Fiske's War of Independence.
63. Longfellow's Paul Reveres Ride, etc.
64. Lambs' Tales from Shakespeare. Part 1.
65. Lambs' Tales from Shakespeare.„ Part 2.
66. Lambs' Tales from Shakespeare.„ Nos. 64, 65, 66, one vol.
67. Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.
68. Goldsmith's Deserted Village, etc.
69. Hawthorne's The Old Manse, etc. Nos. 40, 69, one vol.
70. A Selection from Whittier's Child Life in Poetry.
71. A Selection from Whittier's Child Life in Prose. Nos. 70, 71, one vol.
72. Milton's Minor Poems. Nos. 72, 94, one vol.
73. Tennyson's Enoch Arden, etc.
74. Gray's Elegy, etc.; Cowper's John Gilpin, etc.
75. Scudder's George Washington.
76. Wordsworth's On the Intimations of Immortality, etc.
77. Burns's Cotter's Saturday Night, etc.
78. Goldsmith's Vicar of Wakefield.
79. Lamb's Old China, etc.
80. Coleridge's Ancient Mariner, etc.; Campbell's Lochiel's Warning, etc.
81. Holmes's Autocrat of the Breakfast-Table.
82. Hawthorne's Twice-Told Tales.
83. Eliot's Silas Marner.
84. Dana's Two Years Before the Mast.
85. Hughes's Tom Brown's School Days.
86. Scott's Ivanhoe.
87. Defoe's Robinson Crusoe.
88. Stowe's Uncle Tom's Cabin.
89. Swift's Gulliver's Voyage to Lilliput.
90. Swift's Gulliver's Voyage to Brobdingnag. Nos. 89, 90, one vol.
91. Hawthorne's House of the Seven Gables.
92. Burroughs's A Bunch of Herbs, etc.
93. Shakespeare's As You Like It.
94. Milton's Paradise Lost. Books I-III.
95. Cooper's Last of the Mohicans. Part 1.
96. Cooper's Last of the Mohicans.„ Part 2.
97. Cooper's Last of the Mohicans.„ Part 3.
98. Cooper's Last of the Mohicans.„ Part 4. Nos. 95-9S, complete.
99. Tennyson's Coming of Arthur, etc.
100. Burke's Speech on Conciliation with the Colonies.
101. Pope's Iliad. Books I, VI, XXII, XXIV.
102. Macaulay's Johnson and Goldsmith.
103. Macaulay's Essay on John Milton.
104. Macaulay's Life and Writings of Addison. Nos. 103, 104, one vol.
105. Carlyle's Essay on Burns.
106. Shakespeare's Macbeth.
107. Grimms' Tales. Part 1.
108. Grimms' Tales„ Part 2. Nos. 107, 108, one vol.
110. De Quincey's Flight of a Tartar Tribe.
111. Tennyson's Princess. Also, in Rolfe's Students Series, to Teachers.
112. Virgil's Æneid. Books I—III. Translated by Cranch.
113. Poems from Emerson. Nos. 113, 42, one vol.
114. Peabody's Old Greek Folk Stories.
115. Browning's Pied Piper of Hamelin, etc.
116. Shakespeare's Hamlet.
117. Stories from the Arabian Nights. Part 1.
118. Stories from the Arabian Nights.„ Part 2. Nos. 117, 118, one vol.
119. Poe's The Raven, The Fall of the House of Usher, etc.
120. Poe'S The Gold-Bug, etc. Nos. 119, 120, one vol.
121. Speech by Robert Young Hayne on Foote's Resolution.
122. Speech by Daniel Webster in Reply to Hayne. Nos. 121, 122, one vol.
123. Lowell's Democracy, etc. Nos. 39, 123, one vol.
124. Aldrich's Baby Bell, etc.
125. Dryden's Palamon and Arcite.
126. Ruskin's King of the Golden River, etc.
127. Keats's Ode on a Grecian Urn, etc.
128. Byron's Prisoner of Chillon, etc.
129. Plato's Judgment of Socrates. Translated by P. E. More.
130. Emerson's The Superlative, and Other Essays.
131. Emerson's Nature, and Compensation.
132. Arnold's Sohrab and Rustum, etc.
133. Schurz's Abraham Lincoln.
134. Scott's Lay of the Last Minstrel. Also in Rolfe's Students' Series, to Teachers
135. Chaucer's Prologue.
136. Chaucer's The Knight's Tale, and The Nun's Priest's Tale. Nos. 135, 130, one vol.
137. Bryant's Iliad. Books I, VI, XXII, and XXIV.
138. Hawthorne's The Custom House, and Main Street.
130. Howells's Doorstep Acquaintance, and Other Sketches.
140. Thackeray's Henry Esmond.
141. Three Outdoor Papers, by Thomas Wentworth Higginson.
142. Ruskin's Sesame and Lilies.
143. Plutarch's Life of Alexander the Great. North's Translation.
144. Scudder's The Book of Legends.
145. Hawthorne's The Gentle Boy, etc.
146. Longfellow's Giles Corey.
147. Pope's Rape of the Lock, etc.
148. Hawthorne's Marble Faun.
149. Shakespeare's Twelfth Night.
150. Ouida's Dog of Flanders, and The Nurnberg Stove.
151. Ewing's Jackanapes, and The Brownies.
152. Martineau's The Peasant and the Prince.
153. Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream.
154. Shakespeare's Tempest.
155. Irving's Life of Goldsmith.
156. Tennyson's Gareth and Lynette, etc.
157. The Song of Roland. Translated by Isabel Butler.
158. Malory's Book of Merlin and Book of Sir Balin.
159. Beowulf. Translated by C. G. Child.
160. Spenser's Faerie Queene. Book I.
161. Dickens's Tale of Two Cities.
162. Prose and Poetry of Cardinal Newman. Selections.
163. Shakespeare's Henry V.
164. De Quineey's Joan of Arc, and The English Mail-Coach.
165. Scott's Quentin Durward.
166. Carlyle's Heroes and Hero-Worship.
167. Norton's Memoir of Longfellow.
168. Shelley's Poems. Selected.
169. Lowell's My Garden Acquaintance, etc.
170. Lamb's Essays of Elia. Selected.
171. Emerson's Essays. Selected. Part 1.
172. Emerson's Essays. Selected.„ Part 2. Nos. 171, 172, one vol.
173. Kate Douglas Wiggin's Flag-Raising.
174. Kate Douglas Wiggin's Finding a Home.
175. Bliss Perry's Memoir of Whittier.
176. Burroughs's Afoot and Afloat.
177. Bacon's Essays.
178. Selections from the Works of John Ruskin.
179. King Arthur Stories from Malory.
181. Goldsmith's The Good-Natured Man, and She Stoops to Conquer.
182. Goldsmith's The Good-Natured Man, and She Stoops to Conquer. Each, in one vol.
183. Old EngliBh and Scottish Ballads.
184. Shakespeare's King Lear.
185. Moores's Abraham Lincoln.
186. Thoreau's Katahdin and Chesuncook.
A. American Authors and their Birthdays.
B. Portraits and Biographical Sketches of 20 American Authors.
C. A Longfellow Night.
D. Scudder's Literature in School.
E. Dialogue and Scenes from Harriet Beecher Stowe.
F. Longfellow Leaflets.
G. Whittier Leaflets.
H. Holmes Leaflets.
J. Holbrook's Northland Heroes.
K. The Riverside Primer and Reader.
M. Lowell's Fable for Critics.
N. Selections from the Writings of Eleven American Authors.
O. Lowell Leaflets.
P. Holbrook's Hiawatha Primer.
Q. Selections from the Writings of Eleven English Authors.
R. Hawthorne's Twice-Told Tales. Selected.
S. Irving's Essays from Sketch Book. Selected.
T. Literature for the Study of Language (N. D. Course).
U. A Dramatization of The Song of Hiawatha.
V. Holbrook's Book of Nature Myths.
W. Brown's In the Days of Giants.
X. Poems for the Study of Language (Illinois Course of Study).
Y. Warner's In the Wilderness.
Z. Nine Selected Poems. N. Y. Regents' Requirements.