Portal:Sacred Congregation of Indulgences and Holy Relics

Sacred Congregation of Indulgences and Holy Relics
Class

Established in 1669 by Pope Clement IX, this congregation was responsible for overseeing indulgences and relics according to the teachings of the Council of Trent. In a motu proprio on 28 January 1904, Pius X merged the Congregation of Indulgences into the Sacred Congregation of Rites.

WorksEdit