- Chapter 45 from The Travels of Marco Polo, by Marco Polo, 1920 translation by Henry Yule
- In the Forbidden Land, 1898 by Arnold Henry Savage Landor
- Tibet & Nepal, 1905 by Arnold Henry Savage Landor
- Lhasa and Central Tibet in the "Annual Report of the Smithsonian Institution" of 1903 by Gombojab Tsybikov
- Proclamation of Independence of Tibet, 1913 by Thubten Gyatso
- 50 Years of Democratic Reform in Tibet, white paper published by the Information Office of the State Council of the People's Republic of China on 2 March 2009.
- Democratic Reform in Tibet——Sixty Years On, white paper published by the Information Office of the State Council of the People's Republic of China on March 2019.
- Convention Between Great Britain and China Respecting Tibet, 1906
- Seventeen Point Agreement for the Peaceful Liberation of Tibet, 23 May, 1951, between China and tibet