The American Cyclopædia (1879)/Dover (Ohio)
DOVER, a township of Tuscarawas co., Ohio, on the right bank of Tuscarawas river, near the mouth of Sugar creek, about 70 m. S. by E. of Cleveland; pop. in 1870, 3,515. The village of Canal Dover in this township (pop. 1,593) is regularly laid out on the W. side of the Ohio canal, across which and the river there is a bridge 346 ft. long. It is the shipping point for large quantities of wheat and flour. It contains mills, furnaces, and tanneries, and a woollen factory.