The American Cyclopædia (1879)/Norwalk (Ohio)

Edition of 1879. See also Norwalk, Ohio on Wikipedia, and the disclaimer.

NORWALK, a town and the capital of Huron co., Ohio, on the Lake Shore and Michigan Southern railroad, 95 m. N. by E. of Columbus, and 56 m. by rail W. of Cleveland; pop. in 1870, 4,498. It extends along a sandy ridge, and is built principally on a single street shaded by a double row of maples. The buildings are tastefully constructed. The town is lighted with gas, and has Holly water works. It contains several founderies and machine shops, flouring and saw mills, two national banks, graded public schools, two weekly newspapers, and 12 churches.