The Chessmen of Mars
THE CHESSMEN OF MARS
"Turan, the Slave! they cried "Death to him!"
EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
Author of At The Earth's Core; Tarzan
the Terrible; The Mucker; Thuvia,
Maid of Mars, Etc.
J. ALLEN ST. JOHN
A. C. McCLURG & CO.
Edgar Rice Burroughs
Published November, 1922
Copyrighted in Great Britain
Printed in the United States of America
M. A. DONOHUE & CO., PRINTERS AND BINDERS, CHICAGO
CHAPTER PAGE 1 I 5 II 21 III 37 IV 56 V 75 VI 90 VII 109 VIII 127 IX 142 X 159 XI 174 XII 191 XIII 206 XIV 223 XV 240 XVI 256 XVII 273 XVIII 289 XIX 308 XX 322 XXI 339 XXII 354
- "Turan, the Slave!" they cried "Death to him!"
- "The Princess Comes! Dejah Thoris! The Princess Comes!"
- To the girl's horror, the headless body moved
- Only a single antagonist could face him at a time upon the narrow stairway
- A giant Martian rat was gnawing upon his arm!
- O-Tar's sword slipped from his nerveless fingers
- Gahan of Gathol smote the man from his mount
- Gahan looked in upon a small chamber dimly lighted
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1928.
The longest-living author of this work died in 1950, so this work is in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 72 years or less. This work may be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.