Registration of copyright
44. Registrar of Copyrights. There shall be kept at the Copyright Office a register in the prescribed form to be called the Register of Copyrights in which may be entered the names or titles of works and the names and addresses of authors, publishers and owners of copyright and such other particulars as may be prescribed.
45. (1) The author or publisher of, or the owner of or other Entries in Register of Copyrights.person interested in the copyright in, any work may make an application in the prescribed form accompanied by the prescribed fee to the Registrar of Copyrights for entering particulars of the work in the Register of Copyrights.
(2) On receipt of an application in respect of any work under sub-section (1), the Registrar of Copyrights may, after holding such inquiry as he may deem fit, enter the particulars of the work in the Register of Copyrights.
46. There shall be also kept at the Copyright Office such indexes Indexes.of the Register of Copyrights as may be prescribed.
47. The Register of Copyrights and indexes thereof kept under Form and inspection of register.this Act shall at all reasonable times be open to inspection, and any person shall be entitled to take copies of, or make extracts from, such register or indexes on payment of such fee and subject to such conditions as may be prescribed.
48. The Register of Copyrights shall be prima facie evidence Register of Copyrights to be prima facie evidence of particulars entered therein.of the particulars entered therein and documents purporting to be copies of any entries therein, or extracts therefrom certified by the Registrar of Copyrights and sealed with the seal of the Copyright Office shall be admissible in evidence in all courts without further proof or production of the original.
49. The Registrar of Copyrights may, in the prescribed cases and Correction of entries in the Register of Copyrights.subject to the prescribed conditions, amend or alter the Register of Copyrights by—
- (a) correcting any error in any name, address or particulars; or
- (b) correcting any other error which may have arisen therein by accidental slip or omission.
50. The Copyright Board, on application of the Registrar of Rectification of Register by Copyright Board.Copyrights or of any person aggrieved, shall order the rectification of the Register of Copyrights by—
- (a) the making of any entry wrongly omitted to be made in the register, or
- (b) the expunging of any entry wrongly made in, or remaining on, the register, or
- (c) the correction of any error or defect in the register.