This work is not backed by a scanned copy of the edition from which it was transcribed.
Please see this document's talk page for details for verification. "Source" means a location at which other users can find a copy of this work. Ideally this will be a scanned copy of the original that can be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons and proofread. If one is not available, please explain on the talk page.
- Chapter I: Student Days at Edinburgh, Travels and Excursions, 1868-1873
- Chapter II: Student Days - Ordered South, September 1873-July 1875
- Chapter III: Advocate and Author, Edinburgh - Paris - Fontainbleau, July 1875-July 1879
- Chapter IV: The Amateur Emigrant, Monterey and San Francisco, July 1879-July 1880
- Chapter V: Alpine Winters and Highland Summers, August 1880-October 1882
- Chapter VI: Marseilles and Hyeres, October 1882-August 1884
- Chapter VII: Life at Bournemouth, September 1884-December 1885