The New International Encyclopædia/Milton College
MILTON COLLEGE. A coeducational institution at Milton, Wis., under the auspices of the Seventh Day Baptists. It was organized as Du Lac Academy in 1844, renamed Milton Academy in 1848, and incorporated as Milton College in 1867. It has collegiate and academic departments and a school of music. In 1902 it had 13 instructors and 100 students, of whom 30 attended the collegiate courses. Its property was valued at $125,000, the buildings and grounds at $35,000, and the equipment at $10,000. The endowment was $84,000, and the income about $12,000. The library contained 6580 volumes and 2000 pamphlets.