Open main menu

SAN AN′GELO. A town and the county-seat of Tom Green County, Texas, 299 miles northwest of Austin; on a branch of the Concho River, and on the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railroad (Map: Texas, D 4). It is important chiefly as a shipping centre for a cattle-raising and farming section, and has some manufactures. Cattle, wool, and pecans are the principal articles of commerce. Population, in 1890, 2615; in 1900, about 4000.