Wikisource:WikiProject Open Access/Programmatic import from PubMed Central
This page hosts some tests for automated import of openly licensed scholarly articles from PubMed Central. The first ten of these have been chosen because they have been cited more than 10 times on the English Wikipedia.
Primary reasons to incorporate these articles with WikiSource:
- Signalling that a given reference has a mediawiki-marked-up copy on Wikisource is a clear indication of OA-ness
- Providing full text, with in-context images, video, audio, and other media facilitates improving Wikipedia as a deep, rich, "free" as in "freedom" reference work.
- Uploading source content including text, images, and other media closer to time of publication reduces the barrier to entry to cite academic works in Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.
- Providing access to scholarly materials in the developing world through Wikipedia Zero, which now includes Wikisource.
- 1 The Vpr protein from HIV-1: distinct roles along the viral life cycle
- 2 Taxonomic revision of the olingos (Bassaricyon), with description of a new species, the Olinguito
- 3 Saudi Arabian Y-Chromosome diversity and its relationship with nearby regions
- 4 New Horned Dinosaurs from Utah Provide Evidence for Intracontinental Dinosaur Endemism
- 5 Rooting the tree of life by transition analyses
- 6 Lineage-Specific Gene Duplication and Loss in Human and Great Ape Evolution
- 7 Initial Severity and Antidepressant Benefits: A Meta-Analysis of Data Submitted to the Food and Drug Administration
- 8 Evaluating Support for the Current Classification of Eukaryotic Diversity
- 9 Tracking Marsupial Evolution Using Archaic Genomic Retroposon Insertions
- 10 New Family of Bluish Pyranoanthocyanins
- 11 Subpages of this page
- 12 Related pages
- 13 Bugs
Taxonomic revision of the olingos (Bassaricyon), with description of a new species, the OlinguitoEdit
Initial Severity and Antidepressant Benefits: A Meta-Analysis of Data Submitted to the Food and Drug AdministrationEdit
- Hi. Not sure this is the right place for feedback. There are a couple of wrong section headings in the article. Did not fix them so you can take a look and fix your bot. Bye--Mpaa (talk) 12:12, 21 June 2014 (UTC)
Subpages of this pageEdit
The subpages contain further materials that have been imported for testing purposes.