Author:Alexander Meyrick Broadley
|←Author Index: Br||Alexander Meyrick Broadley
|British barrister and historian|
This author wrote articles for the Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB9 by the initials "A. M. B."
- Tunis, Past and Present (1882), in 2 vols.
- How we defended Arábi and his friends. A story of Egypt and the Egyptians (1884)
- Napoleon and the invasion of England: the story of the great terror (1908), co-authored with Harold Felix Baker Wheeler
- On the Indentification of various Places in the Kingdom of Magadha Visited by the Pilgrim Chi-Fah-Hian (A.D. 400-415.) in The Indian Antiquary (1872)
- A History of Freemasonry in Malta
- John Wesley and his Dorset forbears (1903)
- The boyhood of a great king, 1841-1858: an account of the early years of the life of His Majesty Edward VII (1906)
- The three Dorset captains at Trafalgar: Thomas Masterman Hardy, Charles Bullen, Henry Digby (1906)
- Dumouriez and the defence of England against Napoleon (1909), co-authored with John Holland Rose
- Doctor Johnson and Mrs Thrale: including Mrs Thrale's unpublished journal of the Welsh tour made in 1774 and much hitherto unpublished correspondence of the Streatham coterie (1910)
- Chats on autographs (1910)
- The War in Wexford; an account of the rebellion in the south of Ireland in 1798 (1910), co-authored with Harold Felix Baker Wheeler
- Napoleon in caricature, 1795-1821 (1911), in 2 vols.
- The royal miracle; a collection of rare tracts, broadsides, letters, prints, & ballads concerning the wanderings of Charles II. after the battle of Worcester (1912)
- Garrard's, 1721-1911: crown jewellers and goldsmiths during six reigns and in three centuries (1912)
- The romance of an elderly poet; a hitherto unknown chapter in the life of George Crabbe (1913), co-authored with Walter Jerrold
- The journal of a British chaplain in Paris during the peace negotiations of 1801-2 (1913)
- The beautiful Lady Craven; the original memoirs of Elizabeth, baroness Craven (1914), in 2 vols., co-authored with Lewis Melville
Works about BroadleyEdit
- "Broadley, Alexander Meyrick," in Men-at-the-Bar (2nd ed., p. 56), by Foster, J., London: Hazel, Watson and Viney, Limited (1885)