- Theory of Natural Selection
- Palm trees of the Amazon, and their uses (1853)
- Travels on the Amazon and Rio Negro - 1853, revised Ed. 1889
- The Malay Archipelago (1869)
- Contributions to the Theory of Natural Selection - 1870
- The action of natural selection on man (1871)
- The Geographical Distribution of Animals. London: MacMillan & Co. 1876. (vol 2)
- Tropical Life and Other Essays - 1878
- Island Life - 1881
- Land Nationalisation: Its Necessity and its Aims (1882)
- Australasia (1883)
- Bad times: an essay on the present depression of trade (1885)
- Darwinism - 1889
- Vaccination a Delusion (1891)
- Natural selection and tropical nature; essays on descriptive and theoretical biology (1891)
- The Wonderful Century (1898)
- Studies scientific & social (1900)
- The Progress of the century (1901)
- Man's place in the universe; a study of the results of scientific research in relation to the unity or plurality of worlds (1903)
- My Life: A Record of Events and Opinions - 1905
- Land nationalisation (1906)
- The world of life (1911)
- Social environment and moral progress (1913)
- The Revolt of Democracy (1913)
- Alfred Russel Wallace (1916)
- On the Monkeys of the Amazon - 1853 Speculates on the effect of rivers and other geographical barriers on the distribution of closely allied species.
- On the Law Which Has Regulated the Introduction of New Species - 1855 Wallace's thoughts on the geographic distribution of closely allied species and the implications for evolution.
- On the tendency of species to form varieties; and on the Perpetuation of Varieties and Species by Natural Means of Selection (1858) paper on Natural Selection with Charles Darwin
- On the Zoological Geography of the Malay Archipelago - 1859 Contains first description of Wallace Line.
- Remarks on the Rev. S. Haughton's Paper on the Bee's Cell, And on the Origin of Species - 1863 Wallace's defence of the Origin on the topic of evolution of the hexagonal bee cell.
- The Origin of Human Races and the Antiquity of Man Deduced from the Theory of "Natural Selection" - read before the Anthropological Society, March 1st, 1864
- Caterpillars and Birds - 1867 Wallace's request for data on warning colouration.
- English and American Flowers - 1891 Contains speculation on how glaciation may have affected distribution of mountain flora in North America and Eurasia.
- Is Mars habitable?, 1907
Articles in Popular Science Monthly edit
- (in part)
Works about Wallace edit
- review of Wallace 1876 in: James Edmund Harting, ed. (1877). "The Geographical Distribution of Animals. By Alfred Russel Wallace. Two Vols., 8vo.London: Macmillan & Co. 1876". The Zoologist. 3rd series, vol 1 (issue 2, February—section 'Notices of New Books'): 68–71.
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.
Public domainPublic domainfalse