(Redirected from Author:Dante)
|←Author Index: Al||Dante Alighieri
(c. 1265 – 1321)
|The Divine Comedy Italian poet and statesman, known for his epic poem |
The icon identifies that the work includes a spoken word version.
- Divina Commedia (Inferno - Purgatorio - Paradiso)
- Le Rime, collection of poetry
- Eclogues (1319–1320) first published 1719.
- Dante and His Circle, translations by Dante Gabriel Rossetti (transcription project)
- Dante, Petrarch, Camoens: CXXIV Sonnets, translated by Richard Garnett (1896) (external scan)
- The Divina Commedia and Canzoniere of Dante Alighieri, 2 vols., translated by Edward Hayes Plumptre
- A translation of the Latin works of Dante Alighieri, translated by A. G. Ferrers Howell and Philip H. Wicksteed (1904) (external scan)
Works about DanteEdit
- The Life and Times of Dante Alighieri, 2 vols., by Cesare Balbo, trans. by F. J. Bunbury (1852) (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- "Life of Dante", Chapter I of Dante, by Margaret Oliphant Oliphant, 1877.
- Dante and his Early Biographers, by Edward Moore, 1890. (external scan)
- The Earliest Lives of Dante, translated from the Italian of Giovanni Boccaccio and Lionardo Bruni Aretino, by James Robinson Smith, 1901.
- "Dante," by Alfred Joshua Butler in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911).
- "Dante Alighieri," in Catholic Encyclopedia, (ed.) by Charles G. Herbermann and others, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)
- "Dante Alighieri," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- "Dante Alighieri," in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- "Dante Alighieri," in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- A Handbook to Dante, by Giovanni Andrea Scartazzini, translated by Thomas Davidson, 1887. (external scan)
- A Companion to Dante, by Giovanni Andrea Scartazzini, translated by Arthur John Butler, 1893. (external scan)
- Dante, his times and his work, by Arthur John Butler, 1897. (external scan)
- Aids to the Study of Dante, by Charles Allen Dinsmore, 1903. (external scan)
- Dante, six sermons, by Philip H. Wicksteed, 6th edition, 1905. (external scan)
- "Dante" in The Harvard Classics; Lectures on The Harvard Classics, Volume 51 (1914) by Charles Hall Grandgent
- "Dante", a sonnet by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
On his worksEdit
- "On Translating the Divina Commedia" in The Atlantic Monthly, 18 (105) (1866) by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "Review of Lord Vernon's Inferno Di Dante" by Sir Frederick Pollock, 1869. (external scan)
- Dante, by Margaret Oliphant Oliphant, 1877.