- Divina Commedia (Inferno - Purgatorio - Paradiso)
- Le Rime, collection of poetry
- Eclogues (1319–1320) first published 1719.
- Vita Nuova "The New Life" (1295)
- Convivio "The Banquet" (ca. 1305) IA
- De vulgari eloquentia "On Eloquence in the vernacular" (ca. 1305)
- De Monarchia (ca. 1310)
- Dante and His Circle, translations by Dante Gabriel Rossetti (transcription project)
- Dante, Petrarch, Camoens: CXXIV Sonnets, translated by Richard Garnett (1896) IA
- The Divina Commedia and Canzoniere of Dante Alighieri, 2 vols., translated by Edward Hayes Plumptre
- Volume I: (transcription project); Volume II: (transcription project)
- A translation of the Latin works of Dante Alighieri, translated by A. G. Ferrers Howell and Philip H. Wicksteed (1904) (transcription project)
Works about DanteEdit
- The Life and Times of Dante Alighieri, 2 vols., by Cesare Balbo, trans. by F. J. Bunbury (1852) IA 1, IA 2
- "Life of Dante", Chapter I of Dante, by Margaret Oliphant Oliphant, 1877.
- Dante and his Early Biographers, by Edward Moore, 1890. IA
- The Earliest Lives of Dante, translated from the Italian of Giovanni Boccaccio and Lionardo Bruni Aretino, by James Robinson Smith, 1901.
- "Dante," by Alfred Joshua Butler in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911).
- "Dante Alighieri," in Catholic Encyclopedia, (ed.) by Charles G. Herbermann and others, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)
- "Dante Alighieri," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- "Dante Alighieri," in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- "Dante Alighieri," in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- A Handbook to Dante, by Giovanni Andrea Scartazzini, translated by Thomas Davidson, 1887. IA
- A Companion to Dante, by Giovanni Andrea Scartazzini, translated by Arthur John Butler, 1893. IA
- Dante, his times and his work, by Arthur John Butler, 1897. IA
- Aids to the Study of Dante, by Charles Allen Dinsmore, 1903. IA
- Dante, six sermons, by Philip H. Wicksteed, 6th edition, 1905. IA
- "Dante" in The Harvard Classics; Lectures on The Harvard Classics, Volume 51 (1914) by Charles Hall Grandgent
- "Dante", a sonnet by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
On his worksEdit
- "On Translating the Divina Commedia" in The Atlantic Monthly, 18 (105) (1866) by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "Review of Lord Vernon's Inferno Di Dante" by Sir Frederick Pollock, 1869. IA
- Dante, by Margaret Oliphant Oliphant, 1877.
- Chronological List of English Translations from Dante, From Chaucer to the present day, compiled by Paget Toynbee (transcription project)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.