Author:Edward Drinker Cope
|←Author Index: Co||Edward Drinker Cope
|American paleontologist and comparative anatomist|
Articles in Popular Science MonthlyEdit
- "Origin of Man and Other Vertebrates" in Popular Science Monthly, 27 (September 1885)
- "The Energy of Life Evolution, and How it Has Acted" in Popular Science Monthly, 27 (October 1885)
- "The Relation of the Sexes to Government" in Popular Science Monthly, 33 (October 1888)
- On The Origin of Genera; From the Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, Oct. 1868 (Merrihew & Son, 1869)
- The Vertebrata of the Tertiary Formations of the West (Government Printing Office, 1884).
- "The Origin of the Fittest: Essays on Evolution" (Nature, 1887). Google Books / Archive.org
- The Crocodilians, Lizards and Snakes of North America (Government Printing Office, 1900).
- "On some reptilian remains (1869) in the American Journal of Science
- "Remarks on fossil reptiles from the Cretaceous of Kansas" in the Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, published December 6th 1870
Works about CopeEdit
- "Sketch of Edward D. Cope" in Popular Science Monthly, 19 (May 1881)
- "Cope, Edward Drinker," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Cope, Edward Drinker," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- “Cope, Professor Edward Drinker” by Joseph McCabe in A Biographical Dictionary of Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Freethinkers, 1945.