Author:Elias John Wilkinson Gibb
|←Author Index: Gi||Elias John Wilkinson Gibb
|Orientalist. Translator of several Turkish books|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "E. J. W. G."
- The History of the Forty Vezirs or the story of the forty morns and eves (Contes turcs [Qyrq wezīr ḥikājesi). Written in turkish by Sheykh-Zāda [Šaiḫzāda]. Done into english by E(lias) J(ohn) W(ilkinson) Gibb / Šaiḫzāda. London 1886
- Ottoman poems. Translated into English in The original forms. With introduction, biographical notices, and notes. London, Glasgow 1882
- A history of Ottoman poetry. 6 Bde. London 1900-1909 (Nachdruck London 1958-67, Vol. 2-6 hg. von Edward G. Browne
- Ottoman Literature; The Poets and Poetry of Turkey, Translated from the Arabic with Introduction and Biographical Notes by E.J.W. Gibb, with Arabian, Persian, and Hebrew Poems, and a Special Introduction by Theodore P. Ion, New York 1901
- "Turkey," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (Literature)