Author:George Colman (1732-1794)
(Redirected from Author:George Colman the Elder)
For authors with similar names, see Author:George Colman.
- Polly Honeycombe (1760)
- The Jealous Wife (1761)
- The Clandestine Marriage (1766) with David Garrick
- The Oxonian in Town (1767)
- The Manager in Distress (1780)
- The Genius of Nonsense (1780)
- The Comedies of Terence, translated into familiar blank verse, in 2 volumes
- First edition (1765)
- Second edition (1768)
Works about ColmanEdit
- "Colman, George (1)," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Colman, George, The Elder," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Colman, George (1732-1794)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.