The Clandestine Marriage
(Price One Shilling and Six-pence.)
As it is Acted at the
Theatre-Royal in Drury-Lane.
Huc adhibe vultus, et in unâ parce duobus:
Vivat, et ejuſdem ſimus uterque parens!Ovid.
Printed for T. Becket and P. A. De Hondt, in the Strand; R. Baldwin, in Pater-noſter-Row; R. Davis, in Piccadilly; and T. Davies, in Ruſſel-Street, Covent-Garden.
HOGARTH's Marriage-a-la-mode has before furniſhed Materials to the Author of a Novel, publiſhed ſome Years ago, under the Title of The Marriage-Act: But as that Writer perſued a very different Story, and as his Work was chiefly deſigned for a Political Satire, very little Uſe could be made of it for the Service of this Comedy.
In Juſtice to the Perſon, who has been conſidered as the ſole Author, the Party, who has hitherto lain concealed, thinks it incumbent on him to declare, that the Diſclofure of his Name was, by his own Deſire, reſerved till the Publication of the Piece.
Both the Authors, however, who have before been ſeparately honoured with the Indulgence of the Publick, now beg Leave to make their joint Acknowledgements for the very favourable Reception of the Clandestine Marriage.
|Lord Ogleby,||||Mr. King.|
|Sir John Melvil,||Mr. Holland.|
|Serjeant Flower,||Mr. Love.|
|Mrs. Heidelberg,||Mrs. Clive.|
|Miſs Sterling,||Miſs Pope.|
Books printed for T. Becket and P. A. De Hondt, in the Strand; and R. Baldwin, in Pater-noſter-Row.
1. THE COMEDIES of TERENCE, tranſlated into Familiar Blank Verſe. With Notes, and the Life of Terence. By GEORGE COLMAN. In One Volume in Quarto, elegantly printed, and illuſtrated with Eight Copper-Plates. [Price One Guinea in Boards.]
2. The Connoisseur. 4 Vols. Price 12 s. bound.
3. The Jealous Wife, a Comedy. Price 1 s. 6d.
4. Polly Honeycomb, a Farce. Price 1 s.
5. The Musical Lady, a Farce. Price 1 s.
6. The Deuce is in him, a Farce. Price 1 s.
This work was published before January 1, 1928, and is in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago.