Author:George Edward Woodberry
|←Author Index: Wo||George Edward Woodberry
|American literary critic and poet|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "G. E. W."
- A History of Wood-Engraving (1883) (transcription project)
- Studies in letters and life (1890)
- Heart of Man (1899)
- Wild Eden (1899)
- Makers of Literature (1900)
- Nathaniel Hawthorne (1902) (transcription project)
- America in Literature (1903)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne (1905)
- The Torch: Eight Lectures on Race Power in Literature (1905) (external scan)
- Emerson (1907)
- The Appreciation of Literature (1907)
- Great Writers (1907)
- Life of Poe (two volumes, 1909)
- The Inspiration of Poetry (1910)
- "American Literature," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (index page start)
- Wendell Phillips (1912)
- A Day at Castrogiovanni (1912)
- North Africa and the Desert (1914)
- Two phases of criticism, historical and aesthetic (1914)
- The North shore watch, and other poems (1890)
- The kingdom of all-souls, and two other poems for Christmas (1912)
- The flight, and other poems (1914)
- The roamer and other poems (1920)
- From Fifes and Drums (1917):
- From A Treasury of War Poetry, ... 1914-1919 (1917):
- Life of Edgar Allan Poe in the "American Men of Letters" series (1885)
- With Edmund Clarence Stedman, Works of Edgar Allan Poe (ten volumes, 1895)
- Collected Poems (1903)
- "National Studies in American Letters," and Columbia University Studies in Comparative Literature, (nine volumes).
- The complete Poetical Works of Percy Bysshe Shelley (1892)
- Lamb's Essays of Elia (1892)
- The Works of Edgar Allan Poe, with E. C. Stedman (1894)
- Select Poems of Aubrey de Vere (1894).
- Introduction to The Collected poems of Rupert Brooke. New York: John Lane. 1915.
Works about WoodberryEdit
- The Poetry of George Edward Woodberry: A Critical Study (1918) by Louis Vernon Ledoux (external scan)