|←Author Index: Bo||James Bonwick
|English-born Australian historical and educational writer|
This author wrote articles for the Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB9 by the initials "J. Bo."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "J. Bo."
- Notes of a Gold Digger, and Gold Diggers' Guide (1852)
- Geography of Australia and New Zealand (1855))
- Discovery and Settlement of Port Phillip (1856)
- The Bushrangers: Illustrating the Early Days of Van Diemen's Land (1856)
- William Buckley, the wild white man and his Port Phillip black friends (1856)
- How Does a Tree Grow? or Botany for Young Australians (1857)
- The Wild White Man and the Blacks of Victoria (1863)
- Astronomy for Young Australians (1866)
- John Batman, the Founder of Victoria (1867)
- Curious Facts of Old Colonial Days (1870)
- Daily Life and Origin of the Tasmanians (1870)
- The Last of the Tasmanians (1870) (scan index)
- The Mormons and the silver mines (1872)
- The Tasmanian Lily (1873)
- Pyramid facts and fancies (1873)
- Egyptian belief and modern thought (1878)
- Our Nationalities (1880)
- First Twenty Years of Australia (1882)
- Port Phillip Settlement (1883)
- The Lost Tasmanian Race (1884)
- Western Australia: its past and future (1885)
- The British colonies and their resources: Africa (1886)
- Romance of the Wool Trade (1887)
- Early struggles of the Australian press (1890) (scan index)
- Irish druids and old Irish religions (1894)
- Captain Cook in New South Wales or The Mystery of Naming Botany Bay (1901)
- [[An Octogenarian's Reminiscences}] (1902)
Works about BonwickEdit
- "Bonwick, James," in The Dictionary of Australasian Biography, by Philip Mennell, London: Hutchinson & Co. (1892)
- Bonwick, James (1817 - 1906) in Australian Dictionary of Biography
- "Bonwick, James," in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.