- High Farming as the best Substitute for Protection
- English Agriculture in 1850-51 (1852)
- "On the Agricultural Statistics of the United Kingdom (Second Paper)" reproduced in The agricultural labourer
- India, the Land and the People
Works about CairdEdit
- "Caird, James," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1901 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1901) in 3 vols.
- "Caird, Sir James," in Dictionary of Indian Biography (p. 66), by C. E. Buckland, London: Swan Sonnenschein (1906)
- "Caird, James," in Men of the Time (eleventh edition, pp. 205−206), by Thompson Cooper, London: George Routledge and Sons (1884)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.