Author:James Knox Polk
|←Author Index: Po||James Knox Polk
|John Tyler; 11th Governor of Tennessee (1839-1841); Democratic House Representative from Tennessee (1825-1839)Eleventh President of the United States (1845–1849), with George M. Dallas, succeeding|
- Inaugural Address (4 March 1845)
State of the Union addressesEdit
Works about PolkEdit
- “The Result of the Election,” in the The American Review: A Whig Journal Volume 1, February 1845
- "Polk, James Knox," in The American Cyclopædia (1879)
- “Polk, James Knox” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1885).
- "Polk, James Knox," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Polk, James Knox," in The Nuttall Encyclopædia, (ed.) by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd. (1907)
- "Polk, James Knox," by William Robertson Smith in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- “James K. Polk” by George Bancroft in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.
- "Polk, James Knox," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- "Polk, James Knox," by William E. Dodd in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- "Polk, James Knox," in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)