|←Author Index: Mo||John Morley
|Fortnightly Review (1867 to 1882) and Pall Mall Gazette (1880–83); British politician; 1st Viscount Morley of BlackburnEditor of |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. M-y."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "J. Mo."
- English men of letters: Editor, 1850
- Burke, author , American ed 1884
- Modern Characteristics: A Series of Short Essays from the Saturday Review, 1865
- Edmund Burke: A Historical Study, 1867
- Studies in conduct. Short essays from the 'Saturday review', 1867
- Critical Miscellanies, 1871 , 1886
- Rousseau, 1873
- The Struggle for National Education, 1873
- Machiavelli, in Romanes Lecture series, (1897)
- The Life of Richard Cobden, 1881
- Diderot And The Encyclopaedists, 1878
- Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1884
- Voltaire, 1886
- On Compromise, 1886
- On the Study of Literature, 1887 short work
- Aphorisms — an address delivered before the Edinburgh Philosophical Institution, November 11, 1887
- The Complete Poetical Works of William Wordsworth: With an Introduction by, 1890
- Macaulays Essays On Clive, 1898
- The Life of Oliver Cromwell, 1900
- The Life Of William Ewart Gladstone, 1903
- Walpole, 1904
- Studies in Literature
- Notes on Politics & History, 1914