- Theism: the witness of reason and nature to an all-wise and beneficent Creator (1855)
- Leaders of the reformation: Luther, Calvin, Latimer, Knox (1859)
- Beginning Life (1860)
- English puritanism and its leaders: Cromwell, Milton, Baxter, Bunyan (1861)
- The Christ of the Gospels and the Christ of modern criticism: lectures on M. Renan's Vie de Jésus (1865)
- Rational theology and Christian philosophy in England in the seventeenth century (1872), in 2 vols.
- The Christian doctrine of sin (1875)
- Some facts of religion and of life: sermons preached before her Majesty the Queen in Scotland, 1866-76 (1877)
- Pascal, 1878 external source
- How to succeed in life, a book for young people (1879)
- Literary and Intellectual Revival of Scotland in the Eighteenth Century (1883)
- Modern theories in philosophy and religion (1884)
- Movements of religious thought in Britain during the nineteenth century: being the fifth series of St. Giles' Lectures (1885)
Contributions to EB9Edit
- "Arius," in Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition (3) (1878)
- "Augustine of Hippo," in Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition (3) (1878)
Works about TullochEdit
- A Memoir of the Life of John Tulloch (1889), by Margaret Oliphant external source
- "Tulloch, John," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Tulloch, John," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Tulloch, John," in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.