Author:Joseph John Thomson
|←Author Index: Th||Joseph John Thomson
|British physicist and recipient of the 1906 Nobel prize for Physics|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "J. J. T."
- On the Electric and Magnetic Effects produced by the Motion of Electrified Bodies (1881)
- Treatise on the Motion of Vortex Rings (1883) PDF
- On the Magnetic Effects produced by Motion in the Electric Field (1889)
- On the light thrown by recent investigations on Electricity on the relation between Matter and Ether (1908)
- Rays of Positive Electricity and Their Application to Chemical Analyses (1913)
- Romanes Lecture: The Atomic Theory. Clarendon Press, 1914.
- A Text-book of Physics, 1907-14 (with John Henry Poynting)
Articles in Popular Science MonthlyEdit
Articles in Philosophical MagazineEdit
- Cathode Rays (1897)
- (Through Gases)