|←Author Index: Th||Lynn Thorndike
|American historian of medieval science and alchemy|
- The Place of Magic in the Intellectual History of Europe, The Columbia University Press, 1905.
- "Measuring Euripides", 1916.
- The True Roger Bacon, 1916.
- The History of Medieval Europe, Houghton Mifflin Company, 1917.
- Medieval Europe, its Development & Civilization, George G. Harrap & Company Ltd., 1920.
- Galen: the man and his times, 1922.
- Peter of Abano: A Medieval Scientist, 1923.
- History of Magic and Experimental Science, 1923–1958, in 8 volumes (e.g. Volume I & Volume II).
- A Short History of Civilization, 1926.
- Outline of Medieval and Modern History, 1929.
- Check-list of Rotographs in the History of Natural and Occult Science, 1934.
- University Records and Life in the Middle Ages, New York: Columbia University Press, 1944.
- Dates in Intellectual History: the Fourteenth Century, 1945.
- Traditional Medieval Tracts Concerning Engraved Astrological Images, 1947.
- The Sphere of Sacrobosco and its Commentators, Universitay of Chicago Press, 1949.
- Latin Treatises on Comets Between 1238 and 1368 A. D., University of Chicago Press, 1950.
- The Sixteenth Century, Columbia University Press, 1959.
- Science and Thought in the Fifteenth Century; Studies in the History of Medicine and Surgery, Natural and Mathematical Science, Philosophy, and Politics, 1963
- Michael Scot, Nelson, 1965.
Articles in Popular Science MonthlyEdit
- "The Scientific Presentation of History" in Popular Science Monthly, 76 (February 1910)
- "Natural Science in the Middle Ages" in Popular Science Monthly, 87 (September 1915)