|←Author Index: Bu||Montagu Burrows
|An officer in the Royal Navy and subsequently the first Chichele Professor of Modern History at Oxford University.|
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "M. B." for vols. 6, 20, 32 and "M. B-s." for vols. 37 and 38.
- Pass and class, an Oxford guide-book through the courses of literae humaniores, Mathematics, natural science, and law and modern history (1860) 
- Worthies of All Souls; four centuries of English history, illustrated from the college archives (1874) 
- Imperial England () 
- The life of Edward Lord Hawke : Admiral of the Fleet, Vice-Admiral of Great Britain, and First Lord of the Admiralty from 1766 to 1771 ... (1883) 
- Wiclif's Place in History : three lectures delivered before the University of Oxford in 1881 (1884) 
- The family of Brocas of Beaurepaire and Roche Court; hereditary masters of the Royal Buckhounds; with some account of the English rule in Aquitaine (1886) 
- Commentaries on the history of England from the earliest times to 1865 (1893) 
- The history of the foreign policy of Great Britain (1895) 
- The history of the foreign policy of Great Britain (1897) 
- The discoveries in Crete : and their bearing on the history of ancient civilization (1907) 
- Autobiography of Montagu Burrows (1908) 
Contributions to the Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900Edit
- Brocas, Bernard
- Gardiner, Bernard
- Larcom, Thomas Aiskew
- Michell, Richard
- Monro, Edward
- Monro, Henry (1817-1891)
- Constitutional progress. Lectures delivered before the University of Oxford (1872) 
Works about BurrowsEdit
- "Burrows, Montagu," in A Naval Biographical Dictionary, by William Richard O'Byrne, London: John Murray (1849)
- "Burrows, Montagu," in Men of the Time (eleventh edition), by Thompson Cooper, London: George Routledge and Sons (1884)
- "Burrows, Montagu," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Burrows, Montagu," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1912 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1912) in 3 vols.