- Enquiry into the Present State of Polite Learning in Europe (1759)
- The Bee; being essays on the most interesting subjects (1759), eight weekly essays, 6 Oct0ber. to 24 November.
- History of Mecklenburgh (1762)
- The Mystery Revealed, containing a series of transactions and authentic testimonials respecting the supposed Cock Lane Ghost, 1742 (1762)
- The Citizen of the World; or Letters from a Chinese Philosopher residing in London to his Friends in the East (1762), in 2 vols. vol 1, vol 2
- The Martial Review: or, a General History of the Late Wars (1763) external source
- A History of England in a series of Letters from a Nobleman to his Son (1764), in 2 vols. vol 1, vol 2
- Essays (collected from ‘The Bee,’ &c.) (1765)
- The Roman History from the Foundation of the City of Rome to the Destruction of the Roman Empire (1769), in 2 vols. external source
- The History of England: From the Earliest Times to the Death of George II. (1771), in 4 vols. vol 1, vol 2, vol 3, vol 4
- The Grecian History: From the Earliest State to the Death of Alexander the Great (1774) in 2 vols. vol 1
- History of the Earth and Animated Nature (1774), in 8 vols.
- A Survey of Experimental Philosophy considered in its Present State of Improvement (1776), in 2 vols.
- Essays and criticisms: by Dr. Goldsmith; with an account of the author (1798), in 3 vols. external source
- The Vicar of Wakefield; a Tale, supposed to be written by himself (1766), in 2 vols.
- The Traveller, or, A Prospect of Society (1765)
- The Deserted Village (1770)
- Threnodia Augustalis (on death of Princess Dowager of Wales) (1772)
- Retaliation, a Poem; including epitaphs on the most distinguished wits of this metropolis (1774)
- The Haunch of Venison, a Poetical Epistle to Lord Clare (1776)
- Elegy on the Death of a Mad Dog
- The Village School Master
- The poetical and dramatic works of Oliver Goldsmith, M.B. now first collected: with an account of the life and writings of the author (1780), in 2 vols.
- The Poems of Oliver Goldsmith (1800) external source
- The Captivity, an Oratorio (1836)
- The Complete Poetical Works of Oliver Goldsmith (1911), edited by Austin Dobson
- The Good-natur'd Man (1768)
- She stoops to conquer, or the Mistakes of a Night (1774) external source
- Life of Richard Nash, of Bath, Esquire (1762)
- The Life of Thomas Parnell, compiled from original papers and memoirs (1770)
- Life of Henry St. John, Lord Viscount Bolingbroke (1770)
- Memoirs of a Protestant condemned to the Galleys (1758) by Jean Marteilhe, in 2 vols. vol. 1
- Concise History of Philosophy (1766) by Formey
- Comic Romance (1776) by Paul Scarron, in 2 vols.
- The Beauties of English Poesy (1767), in 2 vols. vol. 1, vol. 2
- Poems for Young Ladies: In Three Parts: Devotional, Moral, and Entertaining (1770)