Author:Robert Burns (1759-1796)
For authors with similar names, see Author:Robert Burns.
|←Author Index: Bu||Robert Burns
|Scots language, although much of his writing is also in English and in a "light" Scots dialect which would have been accessible to a wider audience than simply Scots speakers. Scottish poet and songwrite; widely regarded as the national poet of Scotland, and is the best known of the poets who have written in the |
The icon identifies that the work includes a spoken word version.
Works about BurnsEdit
- "Robert Burns", by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "Burns, Robert," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Burns, Robert," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Burns, Robert (1759-1796)," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- Burns Country – more than 550 Robert Burns’ lyrics
- The Robert Burns World Federation – more than 640 Robert Burns’ lyrics in original and standard English translation
- Robert Burns Country - The Official Robert Burns Site