Author:Thomas Alfred Coward
|←Author Index: Co||Thomas Alfred Coward
|English ornithologist, amateur astronomer, journalist and writer|
- 1900 (with Charles Oldham): The Birds of Cheshire. Manchester : Sherratt & Hughes.
- Picturesque Cheshire.
- 1910 (written jointly with Charles Oldham and James Johnstone): The Vertebrate Fauna of Cheshire and Liverpool Bay.
- Cheshire. Cambridge County Geographies.
- 1912: The Migration of Birds. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press.
- The Birds of the British Isles and their Eggs. Frederick Warne & Co, 1919 in two volumes, expanded to three in 1926
- Bird Haunts and Nature Memories. Frederick Warne & Co, 1922
- Birds and their Young
- Life of the Wayside and Woodland
- Birds at Home and Abroad
- Life of Birds
- Bird and Other Nature Problems. Frederick Warne & Co, 1931
- Cheshire – Traditions and History
- The Mammalian Fauna of Cheshire
Contributions to The ZoologistEdit
T.A. Coward contributed the following articles to The Zoologist:
- Coward, T.A. (1897). "Habitat of Ametrida minor". The Zoologist. 4th series, vol 1 (issue 673, July—section 'Notes and Queries'): 326.
- —— (1897). "Lesser Shrew in Anglesea". The Zoologist. 4th series, vol 1 (issue 673, July—section 'Notes and Queries'): 326–327.
- —— (1901). "Climbing Powers of the Long-tailed Field-Mouse". The Zoologist. 4th series, vol 5 (issue 720, June—section 'Notes and Queries'): p. 221.
- —— (1901). "The Sand-Lizard in the North of England". The Zoologist. 4th series, vol 5 (issue 723, September—section 'Notes and Queries'): p. 355–357.
- 1902 (with ): 'Notes on the Birds of Anglesea,' in: 4th series, vol 6 (1902), issue 737 (November), p. 401–415
- 1902: 'Knot inland in Cheshire,' 4th series, vol 6 (1902), issue 737 (December), p. 467 (section 'Notes and Queries')
Country Diary columns in The GuardianEdit
T.A. Coward contributed the following columns to The Guardian:
About T.A. Coward and his writingsEdit
- 1900 Review of Coward & Oldham 1900, in: The Zoologist, 4th series, vol 4, issue 709 (July), p. 336/7.